IT Support Engineer
Come Join Us! RoundTable Technology has an opening for a Support Engineer on our Support Team
Are you a customer service oriented team player with a passion for technology who knows how to communicate effectively, demonstrate confidence and make customers feel that no matter what, we will find a way to solve their problems? Do you look forward to the next opportunity to solve a problem? Are you passionate about security and data protection?
For the customer focused engineer who said “yes” to all of these questions, we’d like to meet you.
We are a small, fast-growing Managed Services Provider that needs an IT Professional to join a team of Engineers who service small to medium sized businesses in the Maine, Dallas-Fort Worth Texas, New York, NY area and occasionally Stamford, Connecticut locations. Ideal Candidates would have several years of work history with an MSP providing Level 2/3 support with knowledge across a wide range of networking technologies. This is a Tier 2/3 Position and applicants should have a minimum of 5+ years of experience.
Our team consists of a mobile workforce working remotely from home, providing support to our clients, but this position may require occasional Onsite Field Support and Project Work to clients in the region.
In this position you will work with a fantastic group of engineers who embrace continuous improvement and learning. We share our knowledge to grow the team and expand our expertise. We are one of the most successful MSPs in our target space and have an excellent reputation and client base. If you enjoy a culture of customer service, collaboration and learning, you will find our organization to be a thrilling opportunity and a wonderful place to call home.
In this position, you will play a crucial role in ensuring the smooth functioning and optimal performance of our clients' IT systems. You will be responsible for providing advanced technical support, resolving complex issues, and offering expert guidance to our clients and the IT support team. With your in-depth knowledge and problem-solving skills, you will lead efforts to enhance IT processes, implement best practices, and deliver top-notch customer service.
- Technical Support and Troubleshooting:
- Provide technical support to clients via phone, email, and remote desktop tools.
- Travel to and provide on-site support to clients as needed.
- Troubleshoot issues related to software, hardware, and networking.
- Document all client interactions in RTT’s ticketing system.
- Escalate complex issues to escalation engineers or management as needed.
- Keep up-to-date with the latest technology trends and industry best practices.
- Participate in on-call rotation for after-hours support.
- Support Team Operations:
- Participate in daily support team huddles (am/pm).
- Participate in bi-weekly support team L10 meetings.
- Collaboration with other Support Desk Engineers/Technicians (meetings, slack huddles, phone calls) to share technology solutions and best practices.
- Help maintain and expand Support Team documentation/knowledge base.
- Collaborate with vendors and third-party providers to resolve escalated technical issues.
- Collaboration and Communication:
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including Customer Success Managers, Strategic Services, NOC and Cybersecurity teams, to ensure seamless support of client networks and endpoints.
- Communicate project status, risks, and issues to client stakeholders and internal teams, providing regular updates and ensuring expectations are managed.
- Act as a technical point of contact for clients and internal teams, offering guidance and recommendations.
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends and emerging technologies related to networking, hardware and cybersecurity.
- Demonstrate a learning mindset and a commitment to personal growth and development by seeking out training opportunities and actively learning.
- Actively participate in RTT’s culture, including demonstrating and modeling our core values.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field. Equivalent work experience will be considered.
- Proven experience (5+ years) in providing IT support and troubleshooting, preferably in a client-facing or managed services environment across a variety of hardware, software, and networking topics including but not limited to:
- On Premise and Hosted Mail Solutions (Exchange / Google / O365)
- Server Environments (Windows and Mac Server)
- Active Directory, O365 Administration, Azure AD & ADSync
- Cloud File Sharing Solutions such as Sharepoint, Dropbox and Google Drive
- Workstation operating systems (Windows, MacOS, iOS, ChromeOS)
- Anti-virus & Anti-malware solutions
- Backup solutions and applications (Datto, Veeam, etc.)
- Disaster recovery solutions
- Encryption technologies (Bitlocker, File Vault, etc.)
- Desktop applications
- Remote desktop support
- VoIP and PBX phone systems - Soft and Hardware Phones
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to quickly identify root causes and implement effective solutions.
- Effective communication skills, with the ability to explain technical concepts to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Strong leadership and mentoring skills, with the ability to guide and support junior team members.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, prioritize tasks, and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong customer service orientation and a commitment to delivering high-quality solutions.
- Certifications such as CompTIA A+, Network+, Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA), or similar qualifications are a plus.
- This is a salaried position with general hours of 40-45 hours per week with occasional After-Hours/Weekends as required.
- On-call after hours rotation (generally one week every 10 weeks) as required.
- Travel to client sites as needed (Texas, Maine, New York City, Connecticut) is required.
- This job is classified as a remote position, but this position requires occasional Onsite Field Support and Project Work to clients in the region.
- Applicants home location must be located in one of the following regions:
- NYC Metro Area, New York
- Stamford, Connecticut
- Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas
Support Engineer Benefits
- Salary: $65,000- $85,000
- Health/Dental Insurance
- Long & Short-Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Simple IRA with Matching
- Reimbursement for traveling, certs, and training
- PTO days & Holidays
Success in this role will be rewarded with a competitive salary and generous benefits package.
How to Apply
Please submit a thoughtful cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.