IT Support Engineer
Wanted: IT Support Engineer
Are you a customer service oriented, people person with a passion for technology who knows how to communicate effectively, demonstrate confidence and make customers feel that no matter what, we will find a way to solve their problems? Do you enjoy working in an environment where exceptionally high standards are expected? Do you anticipate the next call for help? Do you look forward to the next opportunity to solve a problem?
For the customer focused support engineer who said “yes” to all of these questions, this is the opportunity for you.
We are a small, fast-growing Managed Services Provider that needs an IT Professional to join a team of Engineers who service small to medium sized businesses in the New York, NY area, Maine and occasionally Stamford, Connecticut locations. Ideal Candidates would have several years of work history with an MSP providing Level 2 / Level 3 support with knowledge across a wide range of technologies. This is a Tier 2 / Tier 3 Position and applicants should have a minimum of 5+ years of experience. The best person for this position is high-energy, detail oriented and never happy with anything less than perfection.
Our team is comprised of a mobile workforce working remotely from home, providing support to our clients, but this position does require some Onsite Field Support and Project Work to clients in the region. We are looking for:
- An IT Support Engineer to support our clients in the New York, NY area. Candidates must RESIDE near New York, NY and be available to travel 25-50% of time for Onsite Field Support assignments as needed.
In this position you will work with a fantastic group of engineers who embrace continuous improvement and learning. We share our knowledge to grow the team and expand our expertise. We are one of the most successful MSPs in our target space and have an excellent reputation and client base. A true “A” player in customer service, team focused and passion for learning will find our organization to be a thrilling opportunity and a wonderful place to call home.
Technical Knowledge & Skills
This candidate is expected to have experience in the following areas and to be able to diagnose and resolve technical issues via Phone and Onsite Support across a variety of hardware, software, and networking topics including but not limited to:
- Virtualization technologies - VMWare / Hyper-V
- On Prem and Hosted Mail Solutions (Exchange / Google / o365)
- Server Environments (Windows and Mac Server)
- Active Directory, o365 Administration, Azure AD & ADSync
- Networking and configurations of Switches, Firewalls, Wireless Controllers & Access Points
- VPN technologies
- Workstation operating systems (Windows, Mac, IOS, Android and Chromebook)
- Network protocols (TCP/IP, LDAP, Domain, DHCP, DNS, etc.)
- Backup solutions and applications (Datto, Veeam, etc.)
- Network security (Fortinet, Cisco, SonicWall, etc.)
- Disaster recovery solutions
- Encryption technologies (Bitlocker, Symantec, etc.)
- Desktop applications
- Remote desktop support
- Simple and Complex LAN/WAN environments
- VoIP phone systems
Essential Knowledge, Skills, and Competencies:
- Ability and Desire to educate other team members, mentor and guide junior engineers and to serve as escalation points for the team.
- Ability to diagnose individual and client issues by asking questions and listening, to fully understand their issue(s) through remote/phone communications as well as onsite visits and consultations.
- Demonstrate and communicate a commitment to resolving the issue through attentiveness and patience.
- Proactively anticipate client needs by thinking ‘3 steps ahead’: diagnose ‘root causes’ versus treating symptoms and anticipate the impact to additional processes and/or systems.
- Embody the RoundTable Technology brand by forming productive relationships built on trust, patience and results with internal staff, customers, and vendor partners.
- Keep clients informed of progress, changes and solutions in a timely and effective manner that exceeds clients’ expectations and is in alignment with their culture and communication preferences.
- Ability to Capture, Create and Maintain client specific documentation in RoundTable's systems according to standards and specifications.
- Handle surprises by acting cool under pressure and use positive language to de-escalate situations.
- Respect the client’s time and that of your team by efficiently exploring solutions and escalating when appropriate.
- Self-motivated to solve the issue and can act independently to prioritize and manage multiple client issues at a time.
- Insatiable appetite and willingness to learn and demonstrate a commitment to personal development by seeking out training opportunities and actively learning from teammates.
- Seek to overcome challenges and accept failure as an opportunity for improvement.
IT Support Engineer Benefits:
- Salary: $60,000- $80,000
- Health/Dental Insurance
- Long & Short-Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Simple IRA with Matching
- Reimbursement for traveling, certs, and training
- PTO days & Holidays
Success in this role will be rewarded with a competitive salary and generous benefits package.
If you have what it takes to fill this role, please submit a resume detailing your previous work history and accomplishments (not just a list of task and job responsibilities), as well as a brief, one-page summary explaining why you think you would make an excellent candidate for this position.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $60,000.00 - $80,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Retirement plan
- 8 hour shift
- Active Directory: 3 years (Preferred)
- Google Suite: 3 years (Preferred)
- IT support: 5 years (Required)
- MSP: 1 year (Preferred)
- Computer networking: 1 year (Preferred)
- Virtualization: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: Multiple Locations
RoundTable Technology is a growing Managed Service Provider rated in the top 25 MSPs two years in a row according to MSP 501 Survey of MSP's worldwide. We are the premier technology support company for non-profit organizations.
How to Apply
Please submit a thoughtful cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.